Sunday, May 18, 2008

This mushroom season sucked

for me, at least. I hiked miles and miles and found less than 50 this year. Oh well, at least I got my exercise. I’m probably wasting my time but I still plan to look one more week before giving up for good.

I saw more deer than I did mushrooms. This was the only one who would pose for me.




I also stumbled upon this bad boy. It's a snapping turtle, with a shell about a foot in diameter, for those who don't know their turtles. He was trying to hide from me in a rainwater filled tractor rut.



And the best part of the week? I saw a bobcat. Twice. It was probably the same cat but on two different days. He walked right in front of the cabin in broad daylight. Of course, my camera was not ready either time. I am going to try putting bait out to see if I can get a picture of him.

Back to the hunt.

No comments: