Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's been awhile

since my last post.

My life is busy, sometimes too busy. As time goes by the more I seem to take on, trying to experience everything while I still can. There is a song I listen to from time to time - “When the Crowds are Gone” by Savatage, that contains the line “I wasted my time till time wasted me”. I don’t ever want to think that I wasted the time I was given.

In July, besides all the gardening and my normal daily job, I spent three days at the Rothbury Festival, volunteering for the “Green Team”. Which is a glorified name for manning a recycling/compost/garbage station. It was a fantastic time even if I did have to work part of it. There were 40,000 attendees, primarily in their early 20’s and every one I meet/talked to was nicer than the one before. It gave me so much hope for our future generations. And I was starting to really worry about it given some of the people I have to deal with in my day-to-day endeavors. Here is a link to my Rothbury blog, which shows some of the pictures I took.

I also spent time at the Muskegon Bike Time weekend. I am not a Harley girl, but I love to people watch and, boy oh boy, can you get a lot of people watching in at a motorcycle gathering. I volunteered for this event too, but only for 4 hours. Unless you count the 20 or so hours before the event that I spent making my first ever movie showing how Harley Davidson fork springs are made.

Quite a year so far, my first web site, my first blog and my first edited movie. Hmmm, what’s next?

To keep with this blogs theme, I came across this monument. I just don’t know what to say about it other than I sure like people with a sense of humor. What do you think? Is she there?


No comments: