Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My help is not needed

at this cemetery.

For years, my sister and aunt have told me that I have to visit Egelston Cemetery in Muskegon, MI. They called it "the cemetery without rules".

I finally made it over there last week and boy, they sure were right. It is really quite an amazing place, especially considering it's the start of fall, a time when cemeteries usually start to take on an "abandoned" look. I can't wait until next year. This one will definitely be on my Memorial weekend tour.


A few of the many benches brought in by family members




Meet the family


This is a guy

And this is what he liked to do

To be Continued......






2 comments:

Linda in Lancaster said...

The cemetery without rules is too cool! As a fellow cemetery lover, I commend you on a great site! My husband is surprised when I find a cemtery in midstate Pennsylvania that I have NOT visited! He thinks we've been to them all!!
Keep up the nice work ~ I love it!

Gravetender said...

Thank you! Boy, Pennsylvania must have some beautiful old cemeteries. What is the oldest headstone you have found? Do you ever take pictures? I would love to see some.